The information gathered by J.W. Terrill from this Site falls into two categories: (1) information voluntarily supplied by visitors to our Site and (2) tracking information gathered as visitors navigate through our Site.
Information Voluntarily Provided by You
In the course of using this Site, you may choose to provide us with information to help us serve your needs. For example, you may provide us your e-mail address to request information, or you may send us your mailing address so we may send you the material you have requested. Any personally identifiable information you send us will be used only for the purpose indicated on the Site or in this policy.
If you supply us with your telephone number, you may receive telephone contact from us in response to your request.
Some pages of our Site may not function properly if the cookies are turned off. Cookies are placed on your computer, and accordingly we neither store cookies on our computers nor forward them to any external parties.
The information that may be maintained by a cookie may include: a registered user's username, the pages visited on the Site; the date and time of the visit; the internet address (URL or IP address) of the referring site; the domain name and IP address from which the access occurred; the version of browser used; the capabilities of the browser; and the search terms used on our search engines. This information is used by J.W. Terrill solely to help us manage the Site, improve features of the Site and understand usage patterns.
In the course of ensuring network security and consistent service for all users, J.W. Terrill employs software programs to do such things as monitor network traffic, identify unauthorized access or access to nonpublic information, and detect computer viruses and other software that might damage J.W. Terrill computers or the network, and monitor and tune the performance of the J.W. Terrill network. In the course of such monitoring, these programs may detect such information as e-mail headers, addresses from network packets, and other information. Information from these activities is used only for the purpose of maintaining the security and performance of J.W. Terrill's networks and computer systems.
Use of Client Data
- Personal Information. J.W. Terrill does not sell or trade its clients' personal information to third parties.
- Data Analytics. J.W. Terrill may include, on an anonymous basis, information relating to its clients' insurance programs in benchmarking, modeling and other analytics. J.W. Terrill offers an array of analytics capabilities to clients, insurers and others. For clients, these offerings include benchmarking databases, analytics and modeling tools, surveys and other compilations of information, which are designed to help clients more effectively assess their risks, make more informed decisions and construct insurance programs and other risk mitigation strategies.
Use of Personal Information
- Agents and Service Providers. We sometimes contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services on our behalf, such as hosting this Site, sending e-mail messages and making phone calls on our behalf. They may have access to personal information, such as addresses, needed to perform their functions, but are contractually restricted from using it for purposes other than providing services for J.W. Terrill.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, user information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, if either J.W. Terrill itself or substantially all of J.W. Terrill assets were acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
- Legal Matters. J.W. Terrill may preserve and has the right to disclose any information about you or your use of this Site without your prior permission if J.W. Terrill has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) protect and defend the rights, property or safety of J.W. Terrill or its affiliates, other users of this Site, or the public; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of this Site; or (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties. We may also disclose information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
Information Storage and Security
This Site and all information that you submit through this Site is collected, stored, and processed in the United States. All information gathered on our Site is stored within the J.W. Terrill-controlled database. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to J.W. Terrill at:
J.W. Terrill, a Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC company
825 Maryville Centre Drive, Suite 200
Chesterfield, MO 63017
Copyright © 2016 J.W. Terrill, a Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC company. All Rights Reserved.