Drinking too much alcohol increases people’s risk of injuries, violence, drowning, liver disease, and some types of cancer. This April during Alcohol Awareness Month educate yourself and your loved ones about the dangers of drinking too much.
Every day in America, 27 people die as a result of drunk driving crashes.
If you are drinking too much, you can improve your health by cutting back or quitting. Here are some strategies to help you cut back or stop drinking:
- Limit your drinking to no more than 1 drink a day for women or 2 drinks a day for men.
- Keep track of how much you drink.
- Choose a day each week when you will not drink.
- Don’t drink when you are upset.
- Limit the amount of alcohol you keep at home.
- Avoid places where people drink a lot.
- Make a list of reasons not to drink.
If you are concerned about someone else’s drinking, offer to help.
J.W. Terrill offers an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to all employees and their family members. Call H&H Health Associates at 314-845-8302 / 800-832-8302